Use the form below to search for documents on this site containing specific words or combinations of words (but not necessarily the words you were looking for). The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first, if we feel like it. (Note: the word "better" is not to be construed as meaning "good" or even "better than nothing.") Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name will be displayed and a brief but insulting message will be left on your telephone answering machine. A confusing explanation of the query language is available, along with some predictably useless examples. Frankly, you'd probably be better off ordering a pizza and perusing our alphabetical index of back columns.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean expressions (e.g., "Boo!") containing the keywords AND, OR, NOT, MAYBE and GEE, I HOPE SO and grouped with parentheses. We haven't the vaguest idea what that means either, but here goes:
- Groucho Chico
- Finds documents containing 'Groucho' or 'Chico.'
- Groucho or Chico
- Same as above, sort of.
- Groucho and Chico
- Finds documents containing both 'Groucho' and 'Chico.'
- Groucho not Chico
- Finds documents containing 'Groucho' but not 'Chico.'
- (Groucho not Chico) and Harpo
- Finds documents containing 'Harpo', plus 'Groucho' but not 'Chico.' Gives web server migraine headache.
- Finds documents containing words starting with 'Zeppo.' Let me know if you find one and I'll delete it.